Troop Public Relations is a PR Firm located in Prince Georges County, MD. We specialize in crisis communications training and video production.
An intern at Troop Public Relations will learn and develop great communication skills, public relations practices, sales, problem-solving, client relations, social media management, and video marketing/production, which are fundamental to a long-term career in the PR world.
- Conduct research on communications topics and provide bulleted notes
- Write effective copy, using correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Create draft content and graphic design images to be used on social media platforms (blog posts, FB posts)
- Give presentations to potential & existing clients
- Conduct client acquisition and retention practices
- Manage Media Lists
- Manage the Editorial Calendar
- Organize and file data
- Assist with video production activities (branding videos, introduction videos, etc.)
- Be adept with Microsoft Office
- Be creative, open-minded, and pro-active
- An interest in photography and videography
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, and predicting what will appeal to target audiences.
- Embrace communication challenges, be people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and welcome opportunities to use his or her imagination.
To apply, mail or email your resume and 2 writing samples to
This is a paid internship opportunity
Internships are on-going throughout the year
Troop Public Relations is an is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable discrimination laws.